Define a JDBC driver in your on-premises Pega Platform by using the
Import Wizard and creating or updating a dynamic system setting. Note: By default, the PostgreSQL driver is included in Pega Platform for Pega Cloud services environments. Do
not upload an additional PostgreSQL driver to a Pega
Cloud environment as it will cause conflicts with the driver already on
Before you begin: Download the appropriate driver from your database vendor.
The Java version of the driver must be compatible with the Java version of your
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Select the database driver file that you obtained from your database
vendor and then follow the steps in the Import Wizard to complete the import.
- Expand the SysAdmin category, and then
click Dynamic System Settings.
- Search for the dynamic system setting instance whose Setting
- If the instance does not exist, click Create,
enter the following values, and then click Create and
- Short description –
- Owning Ruleset –
- Setting Purpose –
- If the instance already exists, click the row to open the
- In the Value field, enter the fully-qualified class name
for the JDBC driver that you import. If the Value field
is already populated, separate the individual driver class names with a
;). See your database vendor documentation for the
- Click Save.
- Restart each node in the cluster so that all tiers in the system recognize your
new database driver.