After the release of PRPC 6.1 SP2, several hotfixes were developed to correct defects, limitations, and usability issues that interfered with new Case Management features. If you are using Case Management in 6.1 SP2, you should install the following hotfixes.
HFix-3040, Usability issues in Case Management
The hotfix corrects several usability issues with Case Management:
- Tree Grid with Edit In Pane enabled never renders, spinning indicator persists
- The Log Off link is hidden underneath the user ID menu
- Case Manager portal missing tabs for Cases, Tasks, Dashboard, and Reports
- Case Management Review harness missing the Take Action list
- New Work list needed at top of the portal
- Styling of Case Manager portal needs improvement
- Case Definition tool does not properly show Owner in case hierarchy
- Cannot specify icons for Case and Task types
- Help link on landing page broken
HFix-3183, MSSQL error (Unclosed quotation mark) in Case Manager portal
Using the Case Manager portal, you get SQL errors when trying to open a subcase within a case hierarchy. With MSSQL Server, attempts to retrieve the top-level cover key for a case hierarchy trigger a Database Exception. This issue only affects Case Management using MSSQL. The hotfix corrects the function pxGetTopLevelCoverKey to properly handle MSSQL syntax.
- Ensure that SmartInfo pop-ups display at every nested level of the tree grid
HFix-3694, Cannot save or wrong RuleSet for covered case type rule instances
When you try to save new or updated covered cases or tasks on the Case Types Definitions gadget, the underlying case type rules are not saved or are saved to the wrong RuleSet. This causes unpredictable behavior in the application. These problems occur because PRPC saves case type rules and related rules in the RuleSet of the parent case type, when it’s available.
This default behavior does not work for layered, framework applications. The hotfix corrects Case Type tree flow actions to detect and choose the best open RuleSet and RuleSet Version for the current operator and to save new or updated case type rule instances in the best available RuleSet and RuleSet Version, instead of always preferring the RuleSet of the parent case type.
HFix-4616, Starter flows not listed under Run-Process and New Work gadget
After upgrading from PRPC 5.5 to 6.1, you notice that no entries for starter flows appear on the Run - Process menu and the New Work gadget, even though the rules for starter flows are available and can be searched and opened. This problem occurs if an application (or Built-on application) contains more than 50 work pool classes. The hotfix corrects this defect, allowing an unlimited number of work pools for starter flow caching.
HFix-3055 (Optional), New stylesheet for overriding tab styles for screen flows
Your solution framework or application needs an alternative stylesheet that overrides the tab styles for a screen flow. The hotfix delivers pySimpleTabsStyleOverride.css as an optional stylesheet for you to apply.
Download and install the hotfixes for Case Management and related functionality:
- Go to Hotfix Self-Service.
- From the PegaRULES Process Commander Version selection list, choose 6.1 SP2.
- Click the ID column header to sort the list by HFix-#.
- Browse for the HFix you need.
The hotfixes described here are categorized in multiple product areas; therefore, filtering the list of HFixes on Product Area is not feasible. If you do not find the HFix you need, search the entire list using the browser choice Edit -> Find on this Page.
- Expand the SmartInfo to view the hotfix details.
- Select the appropriate HFix.
- Repeat these steps for each hotfix that you need.
- Follow the steps of the Hotfix Self-Service wizard to package and download the selected hotfixes.
- Make sure that no users are logged into the system at the time of hotfix installation.
- If one or more hotfixes corrects instances of Rule-Utility-Function or Rule-Utility-Library, you must regenerate the libraries after hotfix installation for the changes to take effect.
- If one or more hotfixes corrects code for the PegaRULES Engine, you must restart the Process Commander application to load the new engine classes after hotfix installation for the changes to take effect.