Forms and views on a page
Users interact with your applications by using forms and views, which make up the interface for each assignment in the case life cycle. Views contain elements such as text fields, check boxes, lists, and other views. Some views are created by default. For example, your application automatically creates a case page view and a summary view for every new case type. For improved consistency, you can reuse views with changed settings in different contexts. The same view can be editable in one place, and read-only in another.
Types of views
The Cosmos React framework includes the following types of views.
- Case page
- The main interface in which the user processes case work. The system creates one case page view for each case.
- Case view
- A view that is created for a specific case. Case views include custom views that you create during application development, as well as default views that the application creates automatically, namely the details and summary views. By default, the system sets these two views as tabs on the Case page.
- A view that relies on a data source. Depending on the configuration, the system can display lists as tables or tile-based galleries. By default, every case includes a list that contains all open cases.
- A view that the system creates for each step in the workflow when you click Configure view on the Workflow tab. The Create and Edit views, which appear automatically, represent the opening form of your application and the form that is tied to the edit button in the case header respectively.
Discover more about using forms and views in the following articles:
- Configuring the case page
Set up an intuitive case page that provides users with the information that they need to successfully process cases. Whenever you create a new case type, the application automatically adds a case page that represents the visual framework for processing case information.
- Creating views in Cosmos React
Create personalized views for your case types to capture the data that the case requires to resolve your business processes. As a result, you improve the flexibility of your application and accelerate case resolution, because you can define specific fields that collect information for particular cases. By creating a view, you can also lower application development time and costs, because you can reuse views for multiple case types.
- Configuring fields
Fields model data in your application UI and define what information you need to provide to reach your business goals.