To create comprehensive forms, you can categorize related values in a single data structure by adding a field group list to your form. For example, you can create a list of related fields to capture a job applicant's previous employers, and proposed employment start and end dates. Customer service representatives then complete the information when they advance the case in the hiring process.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- In the Case life cycle section, click an assignment or an approval step.
- In the Step properties panel, click Configure view.
- In the dialog window, click Add field.
- In the Field text box, enter a name for the field.
- In the Type list, select Field group (list).
- Define the fields in the field group list:
Choices Actions Reuse a field group list
- In the last column, select a field group list that you want to reuse.
- To customize the list by adding more fields, click Add
fields.For more information, see Adding single-value fields to forms.
Create a field group list
- In the Field column of a new row, enter a name for the field.
- In the Type list, select a type for the field, for example Date only.
- In the Options field, select a display mode for the
field.Fields can be Optional, Required, Read-only, and Calculated (read-only).
- Optional: To add more fields, click Add field, and then repeat steps 8.a through 8.c.
- Click Submit.
- Prioritizing information in tables
Ensure that important information is always displayed by specifying which columns have the top priority.