- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the User Interface category, and then click Section.
- Open a section in which you want to add a Pulse gadget.
- Add the Pulse gadget:
- If you edit the section in the View editor, click .
- If you use a full section editor, click Structural, and then drag Embedded section to a place in the layout where you want to display Pulse.
- In the Section include modal window, in the Section field, enter pxFeed.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
- Enabling users to post messages in the activity feed
Enable users to post messages in an activity feed for a specific context. For example, a user can make release announcements in the context of an application for all the application users to see.
- Creating feed sources for activity feeds
Inform users about events that are relevant to them by creating feed sources for messages from internal or external data sources. After you create a feed source, you can include it in a user activity feed.
- Configuring default feed sources
Ensure that users see only relevant Pulse posts by filtering feed sources that display Pulse messages by default.
- Configuring Pulse email notifications
In Pulse, you can choose to receive emails when another user references you, likes your messages, posts on your profile, posts comments on a conversation in which you are involved, or posts a comment on a case that you are following, provided that your application is configured to send emails.