A cell in a layout can present the value of a property, as display-only or as an input field. Follow these instructions to control the presentation of a property value in a Text input control.
Configure styles for the Text input control using the Skin rule.
The Text input control uses the auto-generated control pxTextInput. Its look and behavior are governed by the rule form's Control tab. The Parameters tab is not available and the HTML cannot be edited. As a best practice, do not modify a copy of the rule. Instead, use the Parameters dialog available in the control's Cell Properties panel while designing a section, flow action, or harness. See Completing the Control tab.
As a best practice, use the pxTextInput control in new development, rather than the non-auto-generated Default controls.
- On the Design tab, from the Data capture list, drag Text input onto
the work area.If you are using a cell-based layout and you drag the control into a cell that is not empty, then the dropped control replaces the current contents of the cell.
- Click the View properties icon to display the Properties panel and complete the following tabs:
The UI Gallery landing page contains a working example of this element. To display the gallery, in Dev Studio, click.
Use these Windows operations to speed development:
- To move a cell containing an Text input control, select the cell and drag and drop it in another cell in the same layout or another layout.
- To cut, copy, or paste a Text input control in a cell, right-click in the cell to access a context-menu.
- Text input control - General tab
A cell in a layout can present the value of a property, as display-only or as an input field. When you add a Text input control, you can complete the General tab.
- Text input control - Presentation tab
A cell in a layout can present the value of a property, as display-only or as an input field. When you add a Text input control, you can complete the Presentation tab.