Applicable to Theme UI-Kit applications Before you begin: Add a table to your application by defining a field group
list in a step. For more information, see Adding field groups to forms.
Ensure that the most important information in a table is always displayed
by specifying which columns have priority.
Depending on the width and number
of columns, screen resolution, and configuration, you might choose to hide some columns to
save space. You can prioritize the columns in a table to ensure that the most important
columns are always visible to users.
Columns that you mark as Primary, act as the unique
identifier for each row and contain crucial information, such as product name or ID.
Secondary columns store data that is not unique but is required to complete a task, for
example, the price of a product. Columns with Other importance contain contextual
information that does not affect usability, such as an image of a product. The interface
always displays columns that have primary and secondary importance, and you can choose
to hide the less important columns on small screens, for example, on mobile
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- On the case type tab, run a new case by clicking Save and
- On the new case tab, navigate to the table that you want to edit.
- In the footer of Dev Studio, click the Live UI icon.Result: The Live UI tool activates. You can now inspect user interface
components in real time.
- Click the layout that contains the table that you want to edit, and then click
the Open in Dev Studio icon.
- On the Edit section tab, click the circle above the
column that you want to edit, and then click the View
- In the Column Properties window, in the
Importance list, select the importance of the
- To assign the column top priority, select
- To assign the column secondary priority, select
- To assign the column the lowest priority, select
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To assign priority to other columns, repeat steps 6 through 8.
- On the Edit section tab, click
- Optional: To preview the table in mobile mode, see Previewing a portal.