Applicable to Theme UI-Kit applications Before you begin: Prepare the translation files:
Make your application available to users in various locations by using Pega language packs, which provide a translated ruleset with
values of fields that typically appear in every application, such as button labels or
By installing a language pack, you can reduce the workload of your translation team. When
you create a language package for the translation team, you can limit the package to
application-specific text only.
- Obtain a language pack. For more information, go to Pega Marketplace.
- Extract the JAR file with the translated ruleset from the
Rules folder in the language pack to a local
Result: The language pack is now a part of your ruleset. The
application automatically displays the translation to all users in the relevant locale,
based on browser and operator settings. For more information, see Locale.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Import wizard tab, select Local
- Browse and upload the JAR file that you extracted from the language pack.
- Click Next.Result: The file is uploaded to the server. This process can take a few
- When the upload is completed, confirm the installation settings:
- Verify the ruleset version.
- Optional: To review the ruleset, click Show content
- Optional: To choose which rules to exclude from the import, select the
Enable advanced mode to provide more granular control
over the import process check box.
- Optional: To start an import that is quicker but does not permit rolling back
changes that are introduced by the installation, select the
Do not set restore point or save metadata during the
import check box.
- Click Next.
- If you select advanced mode in 5.c, exclude
the rules that you do not want to install by clearing the
Select check box, and then click
- When the installation is completed, click Done.