Applicable to Theme UI-Kit applications
Define which screen layout styles your application can use by overriding disabled
formats in the skin. Some inherited style formats for screen layouts are disabled by default
to improve loading time. If you decide to use one of the disabled screen layouts in your
application, you can override the default setting.
Formats that are disabled in the parent skin are crossed out and tagged as
disabled.Note: You can override disabled inherited formats only
for screen layouts. For other UI components, formats that are disabled in the parent are not
displayed on the Inherited tab.
Result: The format that you changed is now displayed in the
My Formats tab and tagged as
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio,
- Expand the User Interface category, and
then click Skin.
- Open the skin that you want to edit.
- On the Component styles tab, on the left side of the window,
click the Menu icon.
- In the components list, click Screen layouts.
- On the Inherited tab, click the style format that you want to
- In the settings pane in the middle of the window, click override
- Optional: To change the screen layout format, edit the parameters in the settings pane.For example: To give the layout a green background, perform the following steps:
- In the Main node, in the Background
section, select Specify styles.
- In the Type list, select Solid.
- In the Color field, enter
- On the skin form, click Save.