Save time and build forms that are convenient to maintain by referencing fields on other, existing forms. For example, you can reuse a field group to capture different user details on a new form, such as name, surname, mailing address and phone number, instead of creating separate fields for each item.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- In the Case life cycle section, click an assignment or an approval step.
- In the Step properties panel, click Configure view.
- In the dialog window, click Fields.
- Click Add to view next to the field that you want to reuse.
- Optional: To change the default display mode of the field, in the Options
list, select a new mode:
Note: You cannot change the display mode of a field when its value is calculated by using an expression.
You configure the default display mode when you first create a field. For more information, see Adding single-value fields to forms.
- To indicate that users can optionally complete the field, select Optional.
- To indicate that users need to provide the value in the field, select Required.
- To indicate that users can only view the field, select Read-only.
- To indicate that users can only view the field and an application determines the value at run time, select Calculated (read-only).
- Click Submit.
- Restrictions on field and form reuse
You can reference an existing field or form when you build a new form. By reusing components in your application, you save time and avoid duplication.