Check whether your translation is accurate and appears correctly in the user interface by using the localization inspector tool. You can use the localization inspector to review and update field value rules in language-specific rulesets after you import a translation.
- Change your operator locale to display the application in the language of the
- In the footer of Dev Studio, click the operator icon, and then click Operator.
- On the Profile tab of the operator record, in
theLocalization section, in the
Default locale field, enter the ISO code of
the target language.
For example: For Arabic (Saudi Arabia), enter ar_SA.
- In the upper-right corner of the Operator tab, click Save.
- Optional: To keep the Dev Studio interface in English while you
check a translated interface, perform the following actions:
- In the footer of Dev Studio, click the operator icon, and then click Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, select the Ignore locale check box.
- Click Save, and then re-log to the application.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click Launch portal, and then click the name of a portal that you want to test.
- In the footer of the portal, click the Toggle runtime
toolbar icon, and then click the Toggle localization
Result: The system displays the Localization pane with a list of rules that the active screen references. Note: Field values that are not available for translation are tagged with a yellow circle.
- For any field value that you want to inspect, perform the following
- In the Localization pane, select the rule that
corresponds to the field value.The application preview highlights the fields that you select.
- Optional: To see the attributes for the rule, including the localized value,
click the Translates to icon.
- Optional: To edit the localized value for the field value rule, click the Open rule in Dev Studio icon, and then, in the tab for that rule, edit the field value.
- In the Localization pane, select the rule that corresponds to the field value.
- Optional: To review another screen, close the Localization pane, navigate to the target screen in your application, and then repeat steps 4 through 5.
- Close the Localization pane.