Applicable to Theme UI-Kit applications Before you begin: Create a validation rule. For more information, see Validating field input in complex scenarios.
Check whether the input that your user provides is relevant. By verifying
character patterns with edit validate rules, you can ensure that the data that users
enter into forms matches the field requirements, and reduce the number of processing
For example, if you want your users to enter a valid US postal code
in a field, you can use an edit validate rule to ensure that the input is consistent with
the ZIP Code format. Pega Platform includes a wide variety of
ready-to-use edit validate rules that come with default error messages.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio,
- Expand the Process category, and then click
- Open the validate rule that you want to edit.
- In the Conditions section, open a validation set by
- In the Validation conditions window, click Add
- In the new row, in the Select a function field, select
- In the Validation of field, select the field that you
want to check.
- In the using field, select one of the available edit
validate rules.For example: To verify that a string of characters that the user enters in the
ZIP Code field is a valid US postal code, set
.ZIPCode as the target field, and
USZipCode as the edit validate rule.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.