A main content link allows a user navigating an application with the keyboard to tab through the interface to pass over non-essential elements and move directly to the most important area of the page. Tabbing past navigation, banners, and non-essential content saves the user time in reaching the main content area.
When the Tab key is pressed, the skip to main content link appears at the top of the page. When selected by pressing the Enter key, focus moves to the area designated by the developer as main content.
- Click the Gear icon on a dynamic layout tab to open the Properties panel.
- In the dynamic layout cell properties, expand the Accessibility options.
- Select Landmark as the Role Type and click the Select button.
- Select Main as the Value. The value will differ, depending on the role type selected.
- Click Submit to close the modal dialog and then save the dynamic layout.
- Accessibility and Pega Platform
Pega Platform uses the Accessible Rich Internet Application (ARIA) roles to support accessibility. WAI-ARIA roles are a World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) ontology that specifies roles, states, or properties for each element. WAI-ARIA roles provide semantic information about features, structures, and behaviors allowing assistive technologies to conve
- WAI-ARIA Roles
Pega Platform supports accessibility through the use of Accessible Rich Internet Application (WAI-ARIA) roles. The WAI-ARIA role indicates the type of content or functionality within the dynamic layout. Roles may be added to a dynamic layout specify the role of the dynamic layout. By default, WAI-ARIA roles are assigned to screen layouts and dynam
- Adding WAI-ARIA roles to a Dynamic Layout
WAI-ARIA roles are added to a dynamic layout to provide semantic information about the role of the dynamic layout on the page. The settings for WAI-ARIA roles appear on the General tab of the dynamic layout properties modal dialog. To add an ARIA role to a dynamic layout:
- WAI-ARIA roles in a screen layout
Screen layouts include WAI-ARIA roles by default. The table below details the area of the screen layout and the corresponding auto-generated HTML tag and the WAI-ARIA role assigned to that area by default.