Understand how you can organize your custom user interface with REST API by learning how layouts are supported in V1 Pega DX API.For example, you can use DX API to organize UI elements within a screen that users interact with when they create a bug report in a sample application.
The layout element that the API call returns corresponds to the top layout of the section that you're currently customizing.
The supported layouts return the following values in the layoutFormat parameter:
- Screen layouts return the SCREENLAYOUT value for the top-level pages.
- Dynamic layouts return the SIMPLELAYOUT value.
- Repeating dynamic layouts return the REPEATINGROW value.
- Tables return the TABLELAYOUT value.
The following example of an API response shows a Bug layout and a Followers layout in two layout elements under groups:
Note that Pega DX API does not support the following layouts:
- Column layouts
- Layout group
- Dynamic layout groups
- Non-auto-generated sections
- Sections that include scripts
- Non-guardrail-compliant sections
For more information about supported layouts, see the starter pack documentation on the Pega Digital Experience (DX) API page on Pega Community.