- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the User Interface category, and then click Section.
- In the list of sections, locate and open the section with the controls to which you want to add attributes.
- If the section is based on a template or created in App Studio, at the top of that section, click Convert to full section editor.
- In the section, click the control that you want to modify, and then click the View properties icon.
- In the Cell Properties dialog box, expand the Identifiers category.
- In the DX API Attributes section, add your custom
Note: The attributes are specific to your custom UI. You can retrieve the list of attributes by using a REST call.
- Click the Add attribute link.
- In the Name field, enter a meaningful label for the attribute.
- In the Value field, enter the value of the attribute.
For example: To add a tooltip to a control that captures the user's last name, in the Name field, enter tooltip, and then, in the Value field, enter Enter last name.
- Click Submit.
- On the rule form, click Save.