- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Pulse feed record configuration section, in the
Label field, enter a short description for the feed source that
you want to create.
For example: Describe messages that users post for a team by entering TeamPosts.
- In the Apply to field, select a class to which this feed source applies.
- In the Add to ruleset field, select the name of the ruleset that contains the feed source.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Feed label field, enter a description for the new
feed.By default, the system populates the feed label with the label that you provide in the Label field in step 2.
- In the Data page field, enter the data page that retrieves the messages for the feed.
- In the fields that appear based on the data page that you choose, configure additional
For example: If you use the D_pxPostRepliesFeed data page to retrieve replies to user messages, in the UserID field, enter pxRequestor.pyUserIdentifier.
The system uses this value to fetch replies to the messages that logged-in users post.
- Click Save.
- Personalize the Pulse messages in your application by customizing the message display. For more information see, Configuring display of Pulse messages.
- Add a feed source to a user activity feed. For more information, see Adding feed sources to activity feeds.
- Enable posting Pulse comments in cases. For more information, see Configuring Pulse for case types.