UI elements that support deferred loading
You can defer the loading of content in the following UI elements:
- Embedded sections
- Dynamic layouts, repeating dynamic layouts, column layouts
- Drop-down control
- Non-optimized tables
The UI Gallery landing page contains working examples of these elements, which you can use as a reference for your application. For more information, see Accessing the UI Gallery.
Best practices for deferring content loading
- Defer the loading of all sections and other UI elements with non-essential content.
- Enable users to continue interacting with a case while data loads in the
background, by using asynchronous data pages whenever possible.
For more information, see Loading data pages asynchronously.
- When you use asynchronous data page loading, set the deferred load on an
embedded section whose context is the data page.
For more information, see UI sourced from data pages does not load asynchronously.
- Deferring the loading of content in UI elements
Improve the loading time of a web page by preventing certain types of UI elements from loading their whole content on the initialization of the page.
- Loading data pages asynchronously
Increase process efficiency and save time by enabling users to take actions on a work item, for example submit a form, while other content is still being loaded on a web page.