Using JSON data transform serializer mapping, you can configure empty behavior states to control the mapping results for conditions when a property does not exist, exists with an empty value, or exists with a non-empty value. This functionality provides the following enhancements:
- Fields that contain empty values, or that do not contain values will be configured with standard empty behavior options, reducing the types of descriptions for empty behavior values.
- Fields that contain default values will maintain the preexisting values, preventing backward compatibility issues with releases that precede Pega Platform™ 8.5.
Default auto-map empty behavior now includes the following configuration choices:
- Default value – The serializer maintains the preexisting value. This configuration supports backward compatibility with releases that precede Pega Platform™ 8.5.
- Null – Represents a null value in JSON when the associated ClipboardPage or ClipboardProperty exists with an empty value or does not exist.
- Skip – Skips mapping in JSON when the associated ClipboardPage or ClipboardProperty exists with an empty value or does not exist.
Configure the Empty behavior field as shown in the following figure:
Configuring the Empty behavior options for a data transform.
For more information, see Configuring a data transform