- To avoid building logic into your application that provides mock values for application validation.
- To manually test your application against a data structure that is not available yet.
For relevant training materials, see the Clipboard data module on Pega Academy.
- In App Studio, navigate to an element that you want to test.
For example: To test a case, in the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, click a case type that you want to open, and then click Save and run.
- In the footer of App Studio, click .
Result: The Pega Clipboard window opens. The navigation pane lists pages in memory that are associated with the selected thread.
- In the Thread list, select the thread in which you want to add a user page.
- In the navigation pane, right-click User Pages, and then click Add Page.
- In the Add New Page dialog box, in the Page Name field, enter a name for the new page.
- Optional: To create a list of properties based on a specific class, in the Page
Class field, enter or select the class to which the user page belongs.Otherwise, the page that you create is classless.
- Optional: To provide values in the user page by using a data transform, in the Data
Transform field, specify the data transform that supplies the initial values
for the user page.
For example: Set the value of a field to the name of a product, as shown in the following figure:
- If the data transform sends parameter values to the user page, click Get Params, and then enter the parameter values that you want to set in the appropriate fields.
- Click Submit.