- In App Studio, navigate to a condition builder that
defines the application element that you want to edit.
For example: The condition builder for refreshing a layout is on the configuration pane of that layout. For more information, see Defining refresh conditions for UI areas.
- Optional: For proposition filters, to remove all previously added criteria from the condition builder, click .
- In the Configure condition section, in the list of values,
select a value to evaluate:
- To select a field from a data model in your application, click Fields, and then select the field.
- To select a when condition from your application, click When conditions, and then select the condition.
- In the comparator list, select a comparator.
- In the value field, enter or select a value that your application compares with
the field in the data model or a when condition.
For example: Status work is equal to Done
- Optional: To add more conditions, click the Add a row icon, and then repeat steps 3 through 5.
- If you add multiple conditions, between the rows, select the
and or or operator to define
how to evaluate the conditions.You can group conditions using the and or or operators.
Result: If you select and, the condition evaluates to true when all of the rows evaluate to true. If you select or, the condition evaluates to true if at least one of the rows evaluates to true.
- In the list in the upper-right of the page, select one of the following options
to specify how to evaluate condition groupings:
To evaluate the conditions that are linked with the AND operator as a group, and to evaluate the conditions that are linked with the OR operator individually, click Group ANDs.
With this grouping, the grouping of condition 1 AND condition 2 OR condition 3 OR condition 4 is evaluated as (1 AND 2) OR 3 OR 4. That is, either conditions 1 and 2 must both be true, or either one of conditions 3 and 4 must be true.
Group ORs - Select this option if you want conditions linked with the OR operator to be evaluated as a group, and conditions linked with the AND operator to be evaluated individually.
With this grouping, the grouping of condition 1 AND condition 2 OR condition 3 OR condition 4 is evaluated as 1 AND (2 OR 3 OR 4). That is, both condition 1 and one of conditions 2, 3, and 4 must be true.
- To define a grouping by both the AND and
OR operators, click Use advanced
logic, and then specify the condition grouping in the
Logic string field.
Note: If you change a condition that uses advanced logic for the Group ANDs or Group ORs, all the groupings that you previously defined are reset. Tip: Conditions that are evaluated as a group are displayed on a single block of gray background, so that you can identify them more easily.
- Optional: To reuse the condition in the future, save the condition to the library:
- For conditions in a workflow, click .
- For conditions in a proposition filter, click
Note: The Save to library option is not available if the conditions include either Strategy rules or when conditions with parameters. The option is also disabled for proposition filters which include default criteria that are created using the Use advanced logic option.. Result: The conditions are saved to a new when rule in the top level class of the proposition filter. The system automatically registers the when rule as a relevant record for use in the condition builder.