Specialize a case type to support variations in the way that cases are processed in your application. Each version that you create is uniquely identified by a circumstance.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Settings tab, click Specialization.
- Press the Down Arrow key in the autocomplete field and select the name of a
Note: Case types support specialization by a single-value property. The property that you specify is used for this version and all future, specialized versions that you create. This means that the autocomplete field is hidden the next time that you follow this procedure.
- Click + Add specialization.
- Define a property value for the circumstance by using one of the following
Text input — Enter a string value without quotes that is consistent with the property type.
For example, enter 100 for a property that stores integer error codes.
Drop-down list — Select a value that maps to an entry from the property's configured table type.
For example, select XL when the property is configured as a local list of clothing sizes.
- Click Save.
The values that you provide are used to create a specialized version of the base case type. To view your specialized case types in the Case Type Explorer, expand the name of a base case type.