- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, navigate to the record that you want to copy.
For example: To copy a service-level agreement rule, click , as in the following example:
- In the list of instances, open the instance that you want to copy.
- In the rule form header, select an action to copy the rule:
- If the record is in a locked ruleset, click Save as, as in the following example:
- If the record is in an unlocked ruleset, click , as in the following example:
- Review the record label and identifier to determine which key parts you can
change.Consider the following factors:
- If you plan to leave the context for this record unchanged, change the identifier.
- If the record type that you want to copy has name restrictions, the Identifier field appears as not editable.
- In the Context section, review the record context to determine
what information about the storage of the record in your application you can change.Consider the following factors:
- If you plan to leave the label and identifier unchanged, change at least one element of the context of the record. You can change a branch that stores the record, a class that applies to the record, a ruleset, and a ruleset version.
- If you copy a rule with Final availability and leave the key parts unchanged, select the same ruleset name and a higher version number. By default, you cannot override a Final rule with another rule in a different ruleset.
- When you copy a rule, you cannot define the rule availability. The system clears the
rule availability when the record identifier is unchanged, and the rule meets any of
- the ruleset is unchanged
- the class that applies to the record is unchanged
- the original record is specialized by circumstance
- Optional: To override the default work item that your application
associates with this development change, press the Down arrow key in the Work
item to associate field, and then select a work item.For more information about your default work item, see Setting your current work item.
- Click Create and open.
Result: The rule form opens.