Enforce service-level agreements (SLAs) and maintain timely resolution of cases by defining goal, deadline, and passed deadline time intervals. By creating an SLA rule, you can quickly reuse the SLA settings for multiple assignments.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Process category, and then click Service Level Agreement.
- On the Service Level Agreement tab, click Create.
- In the Label field, enter a short description for the rule.
- In the Context section, select an application to which the rule applies.
- In the Apply to field, select a class to which the rule applies.
- In the Add to ruleset field, select a ruleset for the rule.
- Optional: To enable traceability of the rule, in the Current work item section, enter the work item to associate with the rule, for example, a bug ID.
- Click Create and open.
- On the General tab, in the Initial
urgency field, define the urgency for the assignment that you can associate
with the rule by entering an integer between 0 and 99.An assignment has a default urgency of 10. The system adds the value in this field to arrive at the initial urgency.
For example: If you enter 10, the initial urgency is 20.
- In the Assignment ready list, define the starting time for
- To send the assignment to a worklist or a work queue immediately after the user or an automation creates an assignment, select Immediately.
- To define the starting time by using a DateTime value, select Dynamically defined on a property, and then, in the Get Date Time From field, enter the property that references the value.
- To start the assignment after a period of time, select Timed delay, and then, in the Days, Hours, and Minutes fields, specify the delay.
- In the Calculate service levels field, select a method of
calculating intervals for goal and deadline:
- To manually specify the intervals, select Interval from when assignment is ready, and then, in the Goal and Deadline sections, enter the intervals.
- To define the time intervals as values of properties, select Set the value of a property, and then, in the Goal and Deadline sections, in the Property fields, enter the properties that reference goal and deadline dates and times.
- Optional: To define the number of the passed deadline events and the time when the passed deadline events occur, in the Passed deadline section, enter the appropriate values.
- Click Save.