Creating contextual cases in Dev Studio is suitable for advanced developers. To take advantage of low-code solutions in App Studio, see Creating a child case type.
- Add the Create case shape to the life cycle of your case:
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the process in which you want to add the Create case shape, click .
- Click Select.
- In the Create case field, enter the name of the child case type, for example Damage estimates.
- In the Step properties pane, define the case type that you want to
If you create a child case type, you can only complete your main case type after the child case type reaches resolution.
- To start an independent case type, select Create case.
- To start a child case of the current case, select Create child case(s).
- Select a case type to start:
Choices Actions Create a new case type
- In the Create the following case list, select Create new Case type.
- In the Case type name field, enter the name of your case type.
- Click Create.
Use an existing case type In the Create the following case list, select the case type that you want to use. Use an existing case type by selecting a class
- In the Create the following case list, select Other.
- In the Class field, press the Down arrow key, and then
select the class that stores the case type that you want to use.When you select a class, you do not need to provide a run-time case type name.
- Optional: If you create a child case type, to create more than one case type, select the Create multiple cases using a list check box, and then, in the List field field, press the Down arrow key, and then select a field group that determines the number of cases to create.
- Optional: To propagate data from your current case to the new case, in the Data transform field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the name of a data transform.
- Optional: If you create a new case type, to obtain a reference to the new case that you can use in the current case, in the Property to store ID of case field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the name of a single-value property.
- Optional: To provide more information for auditing reasons, in the Audit note field, enter the audit note.
- Click Save.