To automate how Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) collects information for an
open case, add a conversation to a case type. This feature simplifies the configuration
process of an IVA and ensures that the system only requests the correct case type
information from the user in a quick and conversational manner.
example, for an open case related to a request for a car insurance quote, an IVA during user
interaction, asks questions about a car model, car make, year of production of the car, and
then automatically stores the answers in the properties of a case. You configure the
conversation workflow as part of the case life cycle. As a result, the system automatically
responds to chat messages or voice commands that contain information about a
Before you begin: Create and configure an IVA channel for Unified Messaging. For
more information, see Creating a Unified Messaging channel.
Result: At run time, in an interaction with an IVA and the selected
application, the user answers a series of questions to provide case
information.What to do next: Add case commands to the IVA. For more information, see Adding case commands for a conversational channel.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click
Case types, and then click the case type that you want to
- On the Workflow tab, click Life
- Add a conversational channel to a case type process:
- In the header of the stage to which you want to add a conversational
channel, click or if you want to add a conversational channel to the
Create stage, click .Result: A parallel process for the IVA channel is added to the
- On the Workflow tab, click the parallel process
for the IVA channel.
- Optional: To define the conditions that control when the conversation begins,
select Custom condition, and then define the
condition that determines when the conversation in the IVA starts.
The custom condition must reference the
pxActiveChannel property for the conversational
- Click Save.
- Add questions to the new conversation for the case type:
- Click the first step in the parallel process for the IVA, and then, in
the property panel, click Configure
- In the conversation for the channel product information window, add
data fields to the conversation by clicking Add
- In the dialog window, in your data model, select the fields that you
want to use to collect information from users, and then click
Apply.For example: If the primary stage has a form that asks for the customer name,
car make and model, and car insurance policy number, configure the same
fields for the conversational channel.
- In the dialog box with a list of fields, enter a question for each
field. For example: For the Car model field, enter:
What is the model of the car?
- Add, delete, or reorder the questions to further configure the
conversation flow in the IVA.
- In the conversation for the channel product information window, select
a question for which you want to define a condition.
To define conditions that determine the flow of the conversation, you
specify the validation criteria.
- In the Show list, select
When, and then click
- In the Field list, select the name of a field
that supports validation.
- In the Comparator list, select a
comparator.For example: To compare to see if the field is same as the value, select
is equals to.
- In the Value field, enter a value that you want
to compare with the user input.
- Optional: To use another property in the expression, click the
Add icon next to the field after which you
want to add the expression, and then repeat steps 4.h
for another condition.
- Click OK.Result: An icon to the left of the question indicates that the question
depends on a when rule.
- Click Done.
- Click Save.