Call a REST service rule from an external system to invoke an action in your application or retrieve data from Pega Platform. For example, you can call a REST service to get the details of a case or assignment. You can specify the application context in which to run the API by using the application alias URL.
- To call a REST service rule, use
apiin the URL, and append the three-part key to the rule to the URL. Use the following syntax:
https://appname.pegacloud.io/prweb/api/application/v2/messagesAlthough you can still call a REST service by specifying
/PRRestService, as a best practice, use
- To call an authenticated REST service in the context of the access group of a
specific application, specify the application alias in the endpoint URL:If your application does not have an application alias, the system uses the application identifier.
Note: You can use any servlet name except /
PRRestServicefor alias-based calls. You cannot invoke an application alias URL for unauthenticated services.
- For non-multitenant environments, enter: http://host/prweb/<servletname>/app/appAlias/api/<service package>/...
- For multitenant environments, enter: http://host/prweb/<servletname>/app/appAlias/api/TenantHash/<service package>/...
- For calls without a servlet, enter: http://host/prweb/app/appAlias/api/<service package>/...
- For API service packages, enter: http://host/prweb/app/appAlias/api/...
For example: The following access groups are listed in your operator record. To run a service in the context of the AG2 access group, invoke the following application alias URL:
Access group Application Application alias AG1 application1 app1 AG2 application2 app2 AG3 application3 app3 Result: The system chooses the first access group listed in the operator record that matches the application alias. The service then runs in the context of the selected access group.