To avoid development delays, use simulated data when a data source is unavailable.For example, your team is building a weather widget. The team members building the UI might want to see how their design works with data in place before other team members finish working on the connector to the data provider.
- Create some sample data for your application. For more information, refer to
Creating a data type in Dev Studio.You can provide the sample data from a lookup, a data transform, or a load activity. The sample data should include values to populate all the properties that the page, section, or other component referencing the data page requires.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Data Model category, and then click Data Page.
- Click the data page of interest that the application will reference.
- In the Definition tab, in the Data Sources section, select the Simulate data source check box.
- In the System name field, enter or select the name of the system to use for simulated data.
- Click Save.
If you already had a configured data source, the system saves the actual data source configuration for future use. When you clear the Simulate data source check box, the system restores the actual data source specification, so when you are ready to move from simulated to real data, clear Simulate data source and save the data page.
If you created a new data page, update the data source to use real data when the actual data source is available.