Use interaction history scripts with Oracle databases to archive or purge the interaction history tables on Windows OS. The scripts allow you to move the FACT table records, merge the Dimension records, and delete the records from the FACT table.
<target_user_name>that you must provide before executing any of the sample scripts.
- Back up the source and target interaction history tables.
- Create indexes on the columns. Indexes improve performance when you read data from the archived tables.
- Modify interaction history records using the sample scripts:
- Moving the FACT table records
Before you perform this task, make sure you have full access to the source and the destination databases (you need the database admin privileges).
- Merging the dimension records
Before you perform this task, make sure that all the dimension tables are created and have index on the PZID column. If you want to merge the dimension records from the source database to the target database, repeat this procedure for all the dimension tables.
- Deleting the records from the FACT table
Perform this procedure to delete records from the FACT table.