- Enable the capturing of incoming customer responses by configuring the Decision Data
For more information see Configuring the Decision Data Store service.
- Start the RTDG service by assigning the RealTime node type to one
Pega Platform node.
For more information, see Assigning node types to nodes for on-premises environments. Note: To achieve high availability of the VBD planner, for example, to retrieve large amounts of VBD data through a VBD query, assign the RealTime node type to two Pega Platform nodes.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Real-time data grid nodes section, click Edit settings.
- In the Service settings section, configure the RTDG
- In the Cluster port field, specify the VBD node cluster port.
- To enable the system to try the next free cluster port when the port provided is not available, select the Cluster port auto increment check box.
- In the Allocated memory (mb) field, enter the amount of
memory in megabytes (MB) allocated to the service operations.The default amount is 1,024 MB.
- In the Planner settings section, configure the Visual Business
Director (VBD) planner:
- In the Poll interval (seconds) field, enter the frequency
for querying the server for new data.The default frequency is 10 seconds.
- Optional: To edit the maximum number of 3D objects that the VBD planner draws on the main
scene, in the Maximum objects at current dimension levels
field, enter an integer value.The total number of 3D objects is calculated by multiplying the number of values on the y-axis by the number of values on the x-axis. For example, if the scene has 16 values at Group level (y-axis) and 4 values at Direction level (x-axis), the total number of 3D objects is 64.
- In the Poll interval (seconds) field, enter the frequency for querying the server for new data.
- Click Submit.