Combine data from the primary and secondary paths into a single track to merge an incomplete record with a data record that comes from the secondary data source. After you merge data from two paths, the output records keeps only the unique data from both paths. The Merge shape outputs one or multiple records for every incoming data record depending on the number of records that match the merge condition.
- In a data flow, click the Plus icon on a shape, and select Merge.
- Double-click the secondary Source shape and configure it.
Note: When you select a data set, it must be a data set that you can browse by keys, for example, Database Table, Decision Data Store, Event Store, HBase, or Interaction History data set.
- Click Submit.
- Double-click the Merge shape to configure it.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the shape.
- Click Add condition and select a property that needs to match between two sources. You can add more than one condition. For example, When .CustomerID is equal to .ID.
- Optional: Select the Exclude source component results that do not match merge option when there is no data match. If one of the specified properties does not exist, the value of the other property is not included in the class that stores the merge results.
- Select which source takes precedence when there are properties with the same name but
- Primary path - The merge action takes the value in the primary source.
- Secondary path - The merge action takes the value in the secondary source.
- Click Submit.