Optimize the performance of your Proposition Filter rules by running audience simulation tests when you create or update a proposition filter.You can improve the performance of your proposition filters by testing them against simulated audiences. In this way, you can check how many potential offers are filtered out by each component of the filter, and discover if a particular filter criterion is too broad or too narrow for your requirements.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Decision category, and then click Proposition Filter.
- In the Proposition Filter tab, open or create an instance of the
Proposition Filter rule:
- To open an existing instance of the Proposition Filter rule, in the Instance name column, select one of the available rules, for example, EligibleSalesOffers.
- To create an instance of the Proposition Filter rule, click Create. For more information, see Proposition Filters.
- In the tab of the selected Proposition Filter rule, click .
- In the Audience simulation section, select or create a
simulation with which you want to test the proposition filter:
- To use an existing simulation, select the simulation in the Simulation list.
- To create a new simulation, click Create simulation, and then select the audience to use for the simulation. If the proposition filter criteria include a When condition, or a strategy that requires parameters, select the Strategy rule that the simulation uses to evaluate the condition. Confirm your choice by clicking Run.
- After the simulation test finishes, analyze the results to see what percentage of the
audience would receive each offer according to the current proposition filter
- To view the results for a specific group, select the group in the Group list.
- To view the results for a specific proposition, in the Proposition section, click the proposition name, and then analyze the details on the right side of the screen.