Create a mobile channel to configure, customize, and generate your mobile app. For example, you can set up a mobile channel for an expense reporting application, to build a mobile app that supports users who work away from their desks.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click the Mobile tile.
- In the New mobile interface window, in the
Mobile app name field, enter the label for your mobile
Note: Ensure that the label is unique to the mobile channel.
- Optional: To clarify the purpose of your mobile app, in the Description field, enter a meaningful summary of the app.
- Click Submit.
- In the new mobile channel tab, click Save.
- Adding content to mobile apps
Enhance the content of your mobile app by managing the out-of-the-box user interface pages or adding custom ones. For example, you can create a native page with a list of pending expense reports that managers can process. You can further improve the user experience in your mobile app by implementing native components, such as mobile search or a floating action button.
- Previewing mobile apps
Before you generate an executable file for your mobile app, verify that the pages and layout correspond with your design, and that the application logic functions in line with your expectations. Use a mobile device with the Pega Mobile Preview app to preview a mobile channel that you configure for an application.
- Enhancing mobile apps
Increase the usability and improve the user engagement of your mobile app by enabling and implementing features that ensure a modern mobile experience. You can customize your mobile app and tailor it to both your business needs, and the needs of the users.