Mobile solutions provide you with a number of features and scenarios that help you develop and deploy mobile apps to suit different business requirements and support your applications. Professionals and citizen developers can work in the model and take advantage of these features to create a modern mobile experience.
Low-code authoring features
With low-code authoring, you can create a mobile channel for your application and effectively configure the content of the app in the model.
The following features represent the low-code authoring experience:
- Out-of-the-box mobile channels
- Use mobile channels that support your application and provide you with a framework to immediately start your mobile app development.
- Prescriptive authoring
- Take advantage of mobile authoring that guides you through the app development process and helps you build apps that match users' expectations.
- Configurable search
- Enhance your app with a global search functionality that provides run-time access to case records and helps users work more efficiently.
- Offline mode configuration
- Enable offline mode support to ensure that your users can work in the app even in areas with limited or no connectivity.
- Branding and styling
- Customize the visual elements of your app that transform the look and feel of the content to match your branding strategy.
- One-click build
- Build and generate native iOS and Android apps in a simplified and effective process.
Native experience features
Native features offer a modern and responsive mobile experience, and support your users with the security and integration mechanisms of mobile devices.
The following features represent the native experience:
- Secure authentication
- Provide secure access to the app through multiple methods, which range from Pega Platform credentials to corporate identity provider with OpenID Connect.
- Responsive UI components
- Use default, mobile-ready user interface elements in your application to build a responsive, adaptive, and modern mobile experience with native transitions.
- Handling of OS and device dependencies
- Let Pega Platform automatically handle all differences between operating systems and mobile devices, which saves resources that you can use to focus on the content of the app.
- Push notifications
- Increase the engagement of mobile users and improve collaboration by implementing push notifications in your app.
- Device capabilities
- Integrate your app with mobile devices by taking advantage of native capabilities in your process, such as camera, geolocation tracking, or barcode scanning.
- Custom modules
- Extend the functionality of your app with custom native code.
Offline support ensures that key work scenarios are available to your users when they work in the field or in situations with limited or no connectivity.
The following scenarios are available as offline support for your application:
- Field workers support
- Maintain business continuity and assist users with specific offline tasks.
- Data collection
- Collect data in the form of a questionnaire.
- Data always available
- Provide field workers with offline data catalogs that are necessary to perform their tasks, such as offline catalogs of addresses or parts.
- Case attachments
- Use attachments in cases, such as videos or PDFs, that are seamlessly available in offline mode. Mobile users can also add new attachments to cases and ensure that these attachments are available to other users when the app synchronizes with the server.
- Mobile support matrix
The mobile support matrix provides an overview of supported mobile platforms for major Pega Platform versions.