Context weighting allows Pega Customer Decision Hub to consider the situational context for each action. For example, if a customer contacts the bank to close their card account, the highest-priority action is ensuring that the customer is retained. Because of that, the Retention issue should take priority for that customer.
- In the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, click .
- Click Edit.
- In the Context weighting section, click Add weighting.
- From the Keys list, select the type of key which holds the value
used to evaluate the context:
Type Description CurrentPage Use the current page which the customer is viewing for context. For example, if a known customer is currently viewing a page about loans, knowing this context may raise the priority of an action which belongs to the Cross-sell/up-sell issue and Loans group. PreviousPage Use the last page which the customer viewed for context. Intent Use the customer's stated intent for context. Event Use a real-time event detected by Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub. For example, if a customer's mobile data is nearly used up, knowing this context may raise the priority of an new data plan offer for that customer. EventType Use a real-time event detected by Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub. CallReason Use the customer's stated call reason for context.
- In the Value field, enter the value of the key, for example, Cancellation.
- In the Issue/Group field, select the issue and group whose priority should be adjusted for the selected context.
- In the Weighting (+/-) field, enter the value by which the
priority should be adjusted.
To reduce the priority, enter a negative value.
- Ensure that the toggle in the upper right corner of the Context
weighting section is set to on.If the toggle is inactive, the Next-Best-Action no longer takes context weighting into account when selecting the next best action for a customer.
- Click Save.