The Audiences and AI objective creates a Strategy to rank one or more actions by priority, using various targeting approaches. You can use Segments, Eligibility rules, and Prioritization rules to achieve the desired results.
- Select the business issue which is addressed by this objective.
- Select one or more business groups from the selected business issue. The business groups will be used in the generated strategy. After you select the business groups, the Targeting approach section appears.
- In the Targeting approach section, click +Add
targeting approach, and then select one of the following options:
- Audience driven - Select this approach if you have an audience that you want to target with a specific action. An audience is made up of a starting segment, and can then be split into sub-segments.
- Analytics driven - Select this approach if you want to use predictive or adaptive analytics to score and rank actions. Using analytics for targeting allows you to consider a larger set of actions.
- Click Apply.
- Configure the selected targeting approach.
- Optional: Repeat steps 3-5 to configure more targeting approaches.
- Optional: If you added multiple targeting approaches, specify how you want to arbitrate between them. For more information, see Arbitrating over Targeting Approaches.
- Optional: If you added multiple targeting approaches, use the Overall prioritization section to specify how you want to prioritize across your targeting selections. This prioritization determines the order in which actions are made to a customer. For more information about configuring prioritization, see Configuring Overall Prioritization.
- Click Save.