With Criteria Segments, you can define one or more conditions that must be true before a customer can be part of audience.
Historically, the assembly of criteria to describe a Segment has been an area in which the marketer had to rely on intuition, prior complex analysis, or guess work. Pega Customer Decision Hub solves this issue through the use of intelligent segmentation. Intelligent segmentation uses statistical analysis to discover predictors within the customer data that contribute positively towards a targeted outcome, for example, the purchase of a product. For more information about intelligent segmentation, see Intelligent Segmentation (deprecated).
- Click .
- Click Create.
- Enter a Description for the new Segment.
In the Context section, select a customer context.
By default, the primary context, or customer entity, is Customer, mapped to the PegaMKT-Data-Customer class. You can use the Context Dictionary to review or update the default context, configure a different primary context, or add an additional customer context. For example, you can configure Account or Subscriber as additional customer entities. For more information about configuring additional customer entities, see "Setting the context for your customer class" in the Pega Customer Decision Hub Implementation Guide on the Pega Customer Decision Hub product page.
- In the Type section, select Criteria.
- Optional: If you have an Analysis Project which you want to use in this Segment, select it from the Analysis Project drop-down list. For more information, see Configuring Analysis Projects (deprecated).
- Click Create and Open.
- Add criteria groups to your Segment. For more information, see Designing Criteria Segments.
- Click Save. The Criteria Segment is saved and checked in.
- Click Run to populate the Segment with the current set of
customers. You can click Stop to stop the Segment execution, or continue with other work while the Segment populates. After Pega Customer Decision Hub finishes populating the Segment, Population count field displays the number of customers in this Segment out of the total number of customers in your application.
Note: If your Pega Customer Decision Hub application is installed on a PostgreSQL database, the total number of customers is shown as an approximation.
- Optional: To automatically refresh your Segment, configure a schedule. For more information, see Optional: Configuring Criteria Segment Runs.