To configure Pega Customer Service to use Pega Customer Decision Hub for suggested actions, complete the following procedures.
Setting up context data by using the MapContext data transform
To receive the next best actions from Pega Customer Decision Hub for certain conditions, you need to send the context data to Pega Customer Decision Hub. You can build the condition to replicate the intent criteria by using a combination of the parameter type, key, and values in the MapContext data transform.
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for and click the MapContext data transform.
- To add a row, on the Definitions tab, click the Add icon.
- From the Action list, select Set.
- In the Target field, select the type, key, and value parameter categories.
- In the Source field, enter the relevant parameter
For more information about how to set up data in the data transform, see Data transforms. To extend this functionality in your Pega Customer Service implementation layer, use the CSMapAdditionalContext data transform.
Mapping properties for the next best actions sent by Pega Customer Decision Hub
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for and click the MapActionProperties decision table.
- Click the Results tab and expand Additional Allowed Results.
- Define a list of Target Property and
Value pairs for .ClassName,
.pyImage, and .ActionType.
Note: Action Type is an additional property that you should map to the action with one of the following values: Launch, Queue, or Suggest. The default value for Action Type is Suggest.
For more information on how to configure the target properties in MapActionProperties, see Decision tables - Completing the Results tab.
Optional: Conditionally mapping an Action ID to different Action Types
There might be cases in which the same ActionID should map to different action types in different scenarios.
In such cases, use the UpdateActionType data transform to set the ActionType based on a When condition so that the system invokes the actions only when the specified conditions are true.
For more information on how to conditionalize data transform actions by using When actions, see Data Transform form - When, Otherwise, and Otherwise When actions.