Pega Call provides integration between Pega Customer Service and Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) platforms, as well as a wide range of telephony features, including adaptive screenpops, desktop telephony controls, and integrated voice and data transfer.
Pega Call comes with a large set of pre-packaged connectors to popular CTI platforms, as well as support for cloud CTI vendors and extensibility to other platforms and custom features through Open CTI APIs.
With Pega Call, you can connect Pega Customer Service with the CTI platform of your choice:
- Amazon Connect
- Avaya AES
- Avaya Aura Contact Center
- Cisco Finesse
- Cisco ICM/UCCE
- Genesys Cloud
- Genesys Engage
- Genesys Web Services
For more information, see Creating the server connection in the Pega Call Implementation Guide on Pega Community.
You can select the telephony mode that you want to use, which determines how Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) manage their agent state and conduct call control operations, such as answering and initiating calls, hanging up, placing calls on hold, or transferring calls. For more information, see Configuring device capabilities in the Pega Call Implementation Guide on Pega Community.
- simple telephony
- In the simple telephony mode, CSRs use a different phone, hardware or software, for call control operations and agent state management. Pega Call starts an interaction or displays a screenpop when an incoming call arrives at the CSR phone. The CTI data associated with the call is available for screenpop display and related processing.
- simple telephony with agent state management
- In the simple telephony with agent state management mode, CSRs use a separate hardware or software phone for call control operations, and perform agent state management (setting their availability to take calls), in Pega Customer Service Interaction Portal.
- full telephony
- In the full telephony mode, CSRs control their phones in Pega Customer Service Interaction Portal, so that they do not need to switch focus to an external phone. For example, a CSR can transfer a call to another queue or place a call on hold while they consult another CSR, using buttons in the Interaction Portal. Telephony functions include hold, retrieve, consult, conference, transfer, and hang-up.
You can configure call treatment, meaning how to answer and start calls, start interactions associated with calls, and what customer data is displayed to CSRs during a call. You can also enable Automatic Number Identification (ANI) lookup. For more information, see Configuring call treatment.
The Pega Call screenpop coordinates the arrival of an incoming call with the display of caller information. This eliminates the need for the CSR to collect the caller number or other customer identification information manually. The screenpop displays key information about the caller, such as data from the self-service Interactive Voice Response (IVR), language preference, and cross-selling opportunities. You can also select call properties, mapped from your CTI provider, to display in the screenpop.
The screenpop includes buttons and messages that can lead the CSR into specific contact center business processes. All information about the call is then passed to the business processes so that servicing can begin.
Voice and data transfer
You can enable voice and data transfer to transfer a call to another CSR along with the associated interaction, call data, and associated service cases. Voice and data transfer supports both warm and blind transfers. You can also set a time limit for voice and data transfers. If no CSR accepts the transfer within the time limit, the transferred call and interaction are returned to the CSR initiating the transfer. For more information, see Enabling voice and data transfer for Pega Call.
The Click-to-Call functionality lets CSRs start calls to customers with a single button click. With Click-to-Call, a CSR can instantly reconnect with a customer after their call is dropped during an interaction, reach out to customers to address a work queue item directly from their work queue, or connect with a contact to collect data. For more information, see Configuring Click-to-Call for outbound calls in Configuring call treatment.
For more information on Pega Call and advanced Dev Studio configurations, see the Pega CallImplementation Guide.