Pega Customer Service includes the Pega Knowledge application. When you install Pega Customer Service, Pega Knowledge is also installed, to enable the authoring team to create and publish content (sometimes referred to as articles). An article consists of text that can include graphics, links, or embedded videos. An article can also consist of a URL that opens content in another location, for example, an internal or external web site. Users click the article name to open the linked content.
Customer Service managers use the articles created in Pega Knowledge in a variety of ways to enhance the customer experience. For example, managers can do the following:
- Proactively suggest one or more articles to CSRs during a service case, so that they can quickly access relevant information without spending time searching
- Link specific articles to different flows in a service case to provide CSRs with relevant information exactly when they need it
- Attach an article to a coaching tip, to provide additional information
- Configure Guided Troubleshooters to guide customers through a series of steps that help resolve an issue. Customers can run troubleshooters in the Interaction portal as a case, or in a web self-service portal as a Pega Web Mashup case.
For more information, see Pega Knowledge capabilities.
Knowledge Management pane
CSRs view articles and perform related knowledge management tasks in the Knowledge Management pane of the Interaction portal. From this pane, CSRs can perform the following tasks:
- View the content of one or more suggested articles
- Search for articles and filter the results to quickly find the information they need
- Send a topic suggestion to the authoring team
- Share an article with a customer
- Follow an article, to receive email notifications when the article is updated. Note that email must be configured for notifications.