- Guide agents with conversational AI
Serving customers is hard work, particularly for real-time channels such as voice and messaging, which require a CSR's constant attention and measure every second that they spend on every interaction. This release focuses on introducing new AI functionality that acts as a co-pilot for CSRs:
- Voice AI
- Improve agent performance in what is likely your most costly
channel, the voice channel:
- Use natural language processing (NLP) to extract data from voice conversations and populate case fields in real time.
- Use NLP to suggest case and knowledge articles based on the information that is shared by the customer.
- Help with script compliance by ensuring that CSRs deliver the right information at the right time.
- AI-infused messaging
- In tandem with features such as Augmented Agent Assistant, you can use NLP to extract and populate case fields in real time from digital messaging channels. As with Voice AI, you can also suggest cases and knowledge articles to CSRs in real time because customer intents are shared and compared against cases and applicable knowledge.
- Optimize interactions for faster outcomes
Pega Customer Service version 8.7 is not just about guiding agents to deliver the best quality experience; it is also about making the service experience impactful and convenient for customers to engage with CSRs where and when they want, and in their preferred language. To that end, interactions have the following improvements:
- Asynchronous Web messaging
- Customers can leave a chat conversation, and then return to the same point in the conversation at a later time, which is a behavior that customers increasingly expect from an online chat experience.
- Proactive chat
- You can now proactively invite customers to a chat conversation by displaying the Web Messaging widget from a web page. In addition, you can use business rules to customize the message on the Web Messaging widget.
- Mobile Messaging SDK
- Create native messaging experiences for both iOS and Android.
- Multi-language support for the Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA)
- You can build your chat bot once, and then configure localized translations in up to 16 languages.
- Implement with greater speed
Finally, there is a host of new capabilities that speed up the work of the teams that implement and maintain your solution. These capabilities give you a greater degree of control over the experience that you provide to customers, without requiring the advanced technical skills that are needed to work in Dev Studio. In addition, some of these features replace the need for common application customizations:
- Digital Messaging API
- Connect third-party or custom end-user chat clients into the Pega Digital Messaging architecture, which extends the range of customer touch points that your CSRs can support.
- New out-of-the-box industry Microjourneys™ for the communications, financial services, and healthcare industry applications.
- Business conditions to suggest case types
- Use low-code business conditions to suggest case types. Existing clients have the option to continue using their established Intent when rules for that purpose, or they can use business conditions in addition to or instead of Intent when rules.
- Email enhancements
- Email enhancements include the ability for CSRs to save drafts of emails and CSR notifications when an email cannot be delivered.
- Content type templates
- Pega Knowledge adds content type templates that improve security and auditing for content updates.
For information about new Pega Platform features, see the Pega Platform Release Notes.
For information about new Pega Call features, see the Pega Call Release Notes.
To learn about all the new features and improvements in this release, see the following topics:
Next topic Pega Customer Service 8.7 enhancements