Pega Foundation for Healthcare provides a pre-configured File Service rule instance called X12file.X12.X12Inbound that reads the X12 message input file and calls the activity X12ParseMessageStart to start the processing of the message file.
- Configure an appropriate MQ or File Listener rule with all listener properties.
- Configure appropriate MQ / File Service rule to associate with the Listener rule (see example for File Service rule mentioned above.
- Ensure the Service rule calls the X12ParseMessageStart rule as the Activity.
- The parsed X12 message is available on the clipboard page specified Service rule e.g. X12Message.
- Extend the process to map to an appropriate work object as required.