For information on business rule maintenance, application monitoring, and reporting issues, see Production maintenance and monitoring.
Business rule maintenance in the Production environment
As a manager, you can update Dialogs and Coaching Tips in a production environment by using theoption that is available in each process action of the case type. Managers can change these options without having to wait for a rule deployment, but must have the same privileges associated with the PegaCA:Manager role in order to maintain these rules.
As sales ops, you can configure different lists of values and business rules in the production environment by using the Tools landing page. This feature allows sales ops to change options without having to wait for a rule deployment.
Application health monitoring
Pega Autonomic Event Services is an application that automatically monitors, retrieves, and organizes the alert data from one or more clustered systems throughout the enterprise. Pega also provides the Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud, which allows you to benefit from Pega Autonomic Event Services without installing it locally. Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud is a Software as a Service offering of Pega Autonomic Event Services.
Implementing the following best practices in your application can help to ensure optimal response times and overall application health:
- Segment your application's agent processing to a dedicated JVM (Java Virtual Machine). This configuration ensures that end users do not have to share resources with background processes.
- Monitor integration response times. Over time, slow integration points can cause average handle times to increase. When queues start to grow, it becomes very difficult to recover, and might require the use of offline services or a backup application.
Identifying and reporting issues
As with any application, as your users begin to use the application they will encounter issues that they need to report. When deploying your application to a production environment, complete the following steps to help your users to identify and report the issues that they find:
- Identify the operational staff who will be responsible for responding to issues reported in the production environment.
- Establish procedures with those resources to triage, respond to, and escalate issues.
- Determine procedures for delivery of changes to the production environment.