In the Warranty application, customers can use numerous portals for effective business management. Review the description of each portal to understand the associated privileges and the actions to perform.
- Supplier manager
- Assessor manager
- Repair technician
- Ship receiver
- Parts inspection
- Core parts inspection
- Core shipping and receiving
This portal provides access to the processes, reports, and tools that are needed to manage a warranty business.
Click Create to create cases.
Use a reporting area to create, analyze, and manage various reports, such as:
- Claims Status
- Prior Approval Request Status
- Chargeback Amount by month by product hierarchy
- Repair cost by month
- Outstanding Parts Return
Use a message area to review the messages broadcasted by the manufacturer.
Use a reference area to quickly access manuals and other documents.
As a manufacturer, you can manage various delegated business rules. To see and manage the list, click Configuration.>
Use a reporting area to create, analyze, and manage a set of industry-standard reports on both executive and operational levels:
- Warranty Cost by Month with drill-down features into product attributes
- Warranty Cost by Month by Region
- Failure by Month, with drill-down features into product attributes
- Failure Rate by Month by Region
- Warranty Cost by Cost Category
- Claim Cost for Manual vs Auto Adjudication by Month
- Warranty Cost by Month by Claim Type
- Warranty Cost by Month by Causal Code
The industry-standard reports are reports aligned with the reports that are currently used by the manufacturing industry.
- The executive reports category is focused on insights from a volume of claim data about cost and quality that has been collected over various categories. It provides key indicators to top-level management about the health of the organization being measured.
- Operational reports capture the ongoing metrics of claim processing related to cost over various categories, such as: parts, labor, and miscellaneous. You can use operational reporting to run the business and improve efficiency. It supports the day-to-day activities of an organization.
To see the available reports list, click Reports on the left menu. The reports can be filtered according to particular business needs. The reports listed in the guide are available under Public Categories > Mfg Cost Reports, Mfg Quality Reports, Mfg Time reports, Monitor Assignments, and Supplier Recovery. The other categories are Pega 7 Platform default reports.
This portal is used by the assessor to analyze claim-related information and determine whether a claim should be paid or denied. The assessor can also determine if the associated causal parts with the warranty claim need to be returned from the dealer. If a causal part needs to be returned, the assessor creates a parts return request and sends it to the dealer.
This portal is used by the supplier to analyze and adjudicate the supplier claim that has been submitted by the supplier manager. The purpose is to recover the warranty costs paid by the manufacturer to the dealer, for which the original supplier of the failed parts is ultimately responsible.
This portal provides organized areas with access to the processes, reports, and tools that are needed to manage claims distributed from the manufacturer.
Use the work list and work baskets to process the outstanding claims.
Use the reporting area to create, analyze, and manage a set of comprehensive reports:
- Supplier Claim Amount by Status
- Supplier Claim vs Paid Amount by Month
- Supplier Claim vs Paid Amount by Failed Part
- Supplier Claim vs Paid Amount by Causal Code
The supplier manager works for the manufacturer. They register and manage suppliers using the Supplier Manager portal, and analyze multiple reports related to each supplier.
This portal provides organized areas with access to the processes, reports, and tools that are needed to manage the suppliers that are responsible.
Use the dashboard area to create, analyze, and manage a comprehensive reports list:
- Supplier Claim by Failed Part
- Repair Cost by Failed Part
- Total Failed Parts by Supplier
- Supplier Claim Amount by Supplier
- Supplier Claim vs Recovery by Month
- Total Repair Cost vs Recovery by Month
A manufacturer's assessor manager uses this portal to manage assessors and to analyze whether warranty claims are assessed within a stipulated time.
The Assessor Manager portal is an extension of the Pega 7 Case Management portal and includes all of the functionality that the Case Management portal provides. Use the reports area to create, analyze, and manage multiple reports, such as:
- Case completion rate
- Open case timeliness
- Case volume
- Claims by Region
- Claim Savings
Use this portal to create a repair order and add repair lines while performing the repair in the shop for a specific vehicle or product.
Use this portal as a workspace to approve and process work related to the Prior Approval case type. When a prior approval is submitted, the manufacturer signs it in as WarApprover to process the prior approval request.
The shipping receiving clerk uses this portal to manage the received material and analyze the return authorization information.
The part inspector checks and decides the condition of the received part.
Use this portal to inspect the core parts, update the details, and decide the condition of each received part.
The core part shipping and receiving clerk receives and processes core parts, and also analyzes return authorization information.