In Pega Workforce Intelligence™, data collectors are users with the Pega Robot Runtime client installed. Workforce Intelligence collects and analyzes data from a data collector's computer to identify opportunities to improve workflows and business processes. If Workforce Intelligence is not collecting and analyzing data from a data collector's computer, review the following common reasons and potential fixes to assist with troubleshooting.
The data collector is not part of a team
- Open the Workforce Intelligence Portal.
- From the > page, locate the Unknown Team.
- If the Unknown Team shows no data collection, then any data collectors assigned to this team cannot send data.
For more information, see Implementing Workforce Intelligence.
The Runtime client installation is not working as expected
- If the Runtime client package was not tested prior to deployment, test the package for errors to resolve any potential issues with the installation.
- Investigate to see if the data collector's computer is experiencing issues with a machine that is unrelated to the Runtime client.
The data collector needs to start the Runtime client
If the software was deployed when the data collector’s machine was running, it is possible that the data collector has not restarted the machine since the installation.
Ask the data collector to restart the computer.
The data collector's computer was offline when the Runtime client was pushed
As an example, if the data collector was on vacation, then it's likely that her computer was not connected to the corporate network. Push the Runtime client software again after the data collector is online or ask her to download the software from the software center.
The IT team does not have the correct machine name for the data collector
When a data collector receives a new workstation, the IT team might not have the updated information in their systems. When this happens, the IT team does not enter the correct machine name for the data collector. Verify that the IT team has the correct machine name for the data collector.
The data collector is not connected to the corporate VPN
If the data collector works remotely, verify that the data collector is connected to the corporate VPN. The EventCache.db file caches data if the data collector is not connected to VPN. You can check the size of the EventCache.db file to see if this is the case.
- Go to %appdata% > Local > Pegasystems > EventCache.db.
- Check the size of the EventCache.db file. If the file size is greater than 2kb, then the EventCache.db file is caching data.