- Run the report that you want to update.For more information, see Running a report.
- In the upper-right corner, click Edit report.
- In the Report Editor, click Add chart or Edit
chart, depending on whether a chart already exists.
Note: Each report requires aggregated data to include a chart. You aggregate the data by summarizing a column.
- Customize the chart:
Choices Actions Select the chart type
- Click All chart types.For more information about chart types, see Charts in reports.
- In the Select Chart Type modal dialog box, click a chart type that you want to include in the report.
- Click Submit.
Add or edit the chart title
- Click Title.
- In the Chart Title window, enter the chart title, and then specify the font size and style.
- Click Submit.
Define the chart color options Note: Available options depend on the chart type.
- Click Color settings.
- If you want to define the general chart color settings, click General color settings.
- If you want to define the colors that conditionally apply to the chart elements, click Conditional colors.
- If you want to define the colored lines that indicate value thresholds in the chart, click Threshold colors.
Adjust the chart general settings Note: Available options depend on the chart type.
- Click General settings.
- To adjust the font settings, click Format options.
- To manage the placement of the chart legend, or manage the slider that filters values in the chart, click Legend/Slider options.
- To manage the chart display options available in the Report Viewer, click
Enable user commands.For example, you can switch between two-dimensional and three-dimensional chart displays, or maximize the size of the chart for better readability.
Specify the chart content
- From the Available columns section, drag the columns into the relevant chart drop zones.
- In a drop zone, next to a column name, access the data settings by clicking
the Properties icon.For example, you can change the format and range of displayed values, or edit the axis names.
For more information about the data settings form, see Data settings form in the Chart Editor.
- Click All chart types.
- Click Apply changes.
- Optional: To preview the chart data, click Preview.
Note: The preview is not available if you change the function of a column.