Configure separate values for different production levels. At runtime, the system uses the application setting value that corresponds with the current production level.Before you change an application setting value, ensure that the application setting is in an unlocked ruleset. For example, if you need to change the production value, the application setting rule should be in the production ruleset.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the SysAdmin category, and then click Application Settings.
- Open the application setting rule that you want to change.
- In the Value column, enter the setting value for the specified
Note: The fields in the Value column display differently depending on the value type that you select in the Value type field. For example, if you choose String/text, the Value column displays fields in which you enter a text value.
Production level values typically signify the following environments:
- 1 - Sandbox
- 2 - Development
- 3 - Quality assurance
- 4 - Staging
- 5 - Production
- In the Description field, enter a description for the corresponding value.
- Click Save.