- Open the application or portal that you want to inspect.
- In the developer toolbar, click the Accessibility icon ().
- In the Accessibility Inspector pane, check if your
application is compliant with best practices for accessibility:
- In the Disability preview list, select the
visual ability preview.The list includes various types of color blindness to simulate each condition and help you make design decisions.
For example: Select Protanopia to check if the design and contrast level of your application is suitable for users with red-green confusion.
- In the list of issue categories, expand each node, and then navigate to
the rules that impact accessibility.
For example: Click to open and edit the section that is missing a label. Tip: Not all warnings require an intervention. For example, adding labels to decorative images might crowd out useful information in screen readers.
- In the Disability preview list, select the visual ability preview.
- Optional: To highlight page elements that are affected by issues, do the following
- In the Accessibility Inspector pane, click the Display menu options for Accessibility Inspector icon ().
- Click Draw outline around on-page issues.