You can use portals to design custom web interfaces for various personas in your application. Portals help you to control the content with which each user interacts.
Users have different needs that align with the roles they play within the case management process. To improve their experience, you can design a web interface that provides them with the information and functionalities they need, but hides options that are not relevant to their role. This method contributes to a cleaner user interface and makes navigation quicker and more convenient.
Depending on the needs of your organization, you can set up a single portal and control the visibility of particular UI elements through personas and access privileges, or create separate portals for individual user groups. In the case of multiple portals, each version uses the same ready-to-use designs, which provide a reliable basis for a flexible user interface. The streamlined, single-design approach improves run-time performance and reduces development effort.
Providing persona-based access to a portal
- Open your portal:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents the portal that you want to edit.
- On the Configuration tab, in the
Personas section, assign a persona to the portal:
Choices Actions Existing persona Click Add, and then click the persona to which you want to give access to the portal. New persona
- Click .
- In the New persona window, provide a name, icon, and a description for the new persona.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To assign more personas to the portal, repeat step 2.
- Optional: To exclude a persona from the portal, click the Delete icon.
- Click Save.