Categorizing attachments through a rule form is an option suitable for advanced developers. You can also create attachment categories in Case Designer, in the case type settings. For more information, see Categorizing case attachments.
For example: The following figure shows an attachment category for photos that are required in a
case type to review vehicle damage insurance claims:
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Process category, and then click Case Type.
- On the Attachment Categories tab, click Add attachment category.
- In the Category column, provide a category name:
- To reuse an existing category, press the Down arrow key, and then select a category that you want to use.
- To create a new category, enter a unique category name.
Result: The system autopopulates the description and property reference of the category.
- Optional: To change the category description, in the Description column, enter some new text.
- Optional: To ensure that a case contains at least one attachment in the attachment category when a user submits the case, select the check box in the Required for resolution column.
- Optional: To change the name of the property, in the Property reference column, click Rename, and then, in the text box, enter a new name.
- Optional: To add more attachment categories, repeat steps 3 through 7.
- Click Save.