- Open a portal by performing one of the following actions:
- To open the Case Manager portal, in App Studio, click Case Manager.
- To open the Email Manager portal, in App Studio, click Case Manager, and then click Email Manager.
- Open a triage case by performing one of the following actions:
- To edit a triage case in the Case Manager portal, in the dashboard view in the list of cases, click a case name.
- To edit a triage case in the Email Manager portal, in the list of emails, click an email.
For example: Click ET-441.
- In the right panel, click the Details tab.
Result: The Create case section displays a list of suggested business cases for the triage case.
- In the Create case section, click the name of the new
business case that you want to spin off for the triage case.
Result: If the system finds duplicate or related cases, the Potential duplicate cases have been found window displays a list of duplicate or related cases.
- In the Potential duplicate cases have been found window, in the row for a duplicate or related case, click Compare.
- In the compare with existing case window, select the check boxes next to the
case properties for the new business case whose values you want to overwrite in
an existing duplicate or related case.
For example: To overwrite the account identifier and shipping address fields in the duplicate or related case, select the AccountID check box and the Shipping address check box.
- Click Mark as duplicate.
- Optional: To map properties to another duplicate case, repeat steps 5 through 7.